Typically provided without side rails and with a low footboard to retain the homelike feel, they may be modified to include side rails should requirements change.
Standard features include:
- Motorised profiling and height adjustment (38 – 80cm)
- Central locking castors
- Electronic handset control
The following standards apply for the Residential nursing bed:
- EN 60601-1
- EN 60601-2-38
- BS EN1970 (applicable parts only)
Selecting the BaKare Residential Plus bed as the prime variable height nursing care bed for the prestigious new 49 bed development at Lincombe Manor Care Centre in Torquay, has met with all of the expectations. – Stephen Crisp
The Residential care bed also complies with residential / nursing home insurance policies.
Save Money and Reduce Risk
For operators of institutional care, interchangeable side rails represent tremendous initial and ongoing savings:
- For residential care, purchase nursing beds with no side rails fitted, and benefit from less initial outlay.
- For mixed residential and nursing care, purchase a mix of beds with side rails and some with none, and benefit from less initial outlay. When needs change, purchase more side rails when required.
- Only purchase & use beds with side rails where required, meaning that operators and users are exempt from concerns regarding conformance with BS EN 1970 Safe Use of Side Rails.
- Saves decontaminating and moving beds between different rooms where different levels of care are required. Why move the bed and mattress, when you only need to detach and move the side rails?
- Manufactured from steel & wood, our side rails are securely attached to the bed frame, and therefore incredibly strong. They are fully weight bearing.