Professional low/high nursing bed with industry leading height adjustment of 25-82cm, offering configurable wood finishes and side rail arrangements.
The Evolution 400 is a highly specified low bed, offering the ability to raise to a maximum height of 82cm, making it suitable for professional institutional nursing care. The Evolution 400 nursing bed uses intelligent motor control systems to ensure excellent comfort and positioning assistance for the user, whilst offering the carer time saving and safety features during moving and handling operations.
The concealed braking system offers increased stability whilst retaining its aesthetics.
A choice of wooden finishes, side rails and accessories allow the Evolution 400 to provide solutions such as increased user safety and the ability to promote and maintain independence. Its design and choice of colour features allow it to compliment any room setting.
- Four section profiling
- Anti-stomach compression
- Height adjustment from extra low to high (25-82cm)
- Low voltage handset & control system
- Trendelenburg & Anti-Trendelenburg
- Safety and Eco-friendly power cut-off
- Meets current & future (due April 2013) EU / UK legal & safety requirements
- Manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001 quality standards
|Manufactured exclusively for BaKare Beds by Malsch, an ISO 9001 quality standards accredited company.|
Side Rail Options
This bed is available with:
- no side rails (suitable for residential use)
- split / assist side rails
- 2 full length side rails
- 3 full length side rails for extra height (suitable if full replacement air mattresses are used)
Optional Headboard & Footboard Styles
|Bed Height Adjustment (Excluding Mattress)||25–82cm|
|Lying Surface Dimensions||90 x 200cm|
|Alternative Lying Surface Size Options||Not Available on this model|
|Recommend Mattress size||89cm x 198cm x 12cm|
|External Bed Dimension||102 x 206 cm|
|Total Weight||Approx 120 kg subject to side rail type|
|Safe Working Load||200 kg ( User + mattress + accessories)|
|Side Rail Type||Full Length Twin & Triple / Split 2 + 2 (Quad)|
|Head and Footboard||Integrated|
|Standard Colour (Wooden parts)||Natural Beech|
|Castors / Brakes||2 x 2 Manual Braking (Concealed)|
|Lying Surface Type||4 Section Profiling|
|Lying Surface design||Steel Grid|
|Back Rest Adjustment||0 – 70 degrees|
|Anti-Stomach Compression Back Rest||0 – 12cm anti-stomach compression movement|
|Knee Break Adjustment||0 – 30 degrees|
|Foot section Adjustment||Manual ratchet adjustment|
|Undercarriage Style||‘Camels Leg’ Action|
|Under Bed Clearance for Hoist||14cm|
|Trendelenberg / Anti Trendelenberg||As Standard|
|Wood Colour Options||Natural Beech, Bavarian Beech, French Walnut,
Natural Plum, Natural Oak, Rustic Oak
|Battery Back Up||Not Available on this model|
|Carers Control Box||Nurses Lockout through Users Handset|
|CPR Function||Not Available on this model|
|Grab pole and Handle||Optional|
|Protective Side Rail Padding||Optional|
|Protective Head and Footboard Padding||Optional|
|Comfort Lying Surface||Optional. Fitted onto standard 90cm Mesh base.|
Use of The ProductConforms to EC directive for Medical devices 93/42/EEC &, and is produced to EN 1970:2000 & EN 60601-2-52/2010, the standard that all bed manufacturers must meet by April 2013. The Evolution is specifically designed to conform to standards that allow use within all types of care environments & meets requirements for insurance policies. It also allows VAT Exception if is used by a disabled person or funded by charity.
Save Money and Reduce Risk
For operators of institutional care, interchangeable side rails represent tremendous initial and ongoing savings:
- For residential care, purchase nursing beds with no side rails fitted, and benefit from less initial outlay.
- For mixed residential and nursing care, purchase a mix of beds with side rails and some with none, and benefit from less initial outlay. When needs change, purchase more side rails when required.
- Only purchase & use beds with side rails where required, meaning that operators and users are exempt from concerns regarding conformance with BS EN 1970 Safe Use of Side Rails.
- Saves decontaminating and moving beds between different rooms where different levels of care are required. Why move the bed and mattress, when you only need to detach and move the side rails?
- Manufactured from steel & wood, our side rails are securely attached to the bed frame, and therefore incredibly strong. They are fully weight bearing.